Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, so surely we need to make the right choices…
To reflect, to learn and understand more about who we are to help us become more resilient.
To be resilient is to have the ability to reflect, recover and bounce back from whatever life throws at you. It’s picking yourself up when you get knocked down, it’s holding your hands up and saying, “I need help” to people around you and it’s about understanding you can’t stop stressful situations, but you can change how you feel, think and therefore what you do about them.
To help you understand your resilience that much better, I’ve put together a resilience quiz to see just how resilient you are.
It covers what I believe are the seven key pillars that make up our resilience DNA:
- Self-Belief – The confidence in your own abilities and judgement.
- Optimism – Showcasing hope and confidence about the future.
- Purpose and Direction – Your reason for living.
- Flexibility – Willingness to change or compromise.
- Problem Solving – The ability to solve problems.
- Stepping Up – Taking the first step out of your comfort zone and taking on new challenges.
- Support Seeking – Having the ability to reach out to your community when you need it.
- Emotional Barometer – Controlling your emotions under pressure.
Ready to take the quiz?